TV News Producer
Liberman Broadcasting LLCIrving, TX
Full Time Job
The TV News Producer is responsible for managing an entire newscast, from gathering all elements (packages, vo's, sound bytes, copy stories, graphics) created throughout the day to construct a newscast that will enlighten and engage our viewing audience. Additionally, the Producer is responsible for directing the production and technical crew in the control room to ensure that the newscast is executed cleanly on air.
• Provide creativity, leadership and vision for designated newscast.
• Oversee all news stories for accuracy, fairness, and grammar.
• Create rundown that provides smooth composition and flow to the program.
• Write and edit copy and/or video.
• Maintain ongoing communication with field crews to assess story changes and progression.
• Supervise control room staff and ensure all elements are executed cleanly on air.
• Oversee news meetings where the days' stories and assignments are reviewed.
• Review and oversee budget and allocation of resources for the newscast.
• Source, hire, train and coach junior staff.
• Demonstrated solid news judgement; strong working knowledge of local news.
• Excellent writing, editorial and producing skills.
• Ability to create compelling news stories with strong visual elements and consistent story flow.
• Ability to lead and supervise crew in the production process.
• Excellent organizational and attention to detail, self-motivated with a desire and eye for continuous improvement and a passion to win.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure, fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills; fully bilingual in English/Spanish.
• Communications or Journalism degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 3 years' prior work experience in Spanish language TV or digital productions.
• Ability to work day or late night shifts and holidays.
• Must be willing to work in Miami, FL.
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must possess valid DMV license and a good driving record.
• Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country and is the parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online