Liberman Broadcasting LLCIrving, TX
Full Time Job
Television Sport Anchor
The Sport Anchor is responsible with determining the best ways to visually represent LBI's sports news, promos and promotional packages. The Sports Anchor is responsible for all aspects of delivery and coordination of television sports news programming and material preparation, including the supervision of the writing and editing of sports materials and the anchoring or presenting of sports segments.
• Provide creativity, leadership, vision, and material supervision of all local and network sports news, sports promos, sports updates and sports segments.
• Work under the General News Producer and additional news producers to asses and respond to Sports TV needs.
• Anchor, write, produce, coordinate and/or present all sports-related news, sports promos (client sponsored and unsponsored), advertiser sports segments, sports briefs and other news materials (Special Assignments/Breaking stories) as requested by the General News Producer.
• Serve as primary contact with sports teams, sports agencies, sports personalities, and coordinators/agents of major events.
• Coordinate with the sales department, national sales representatives, and other relevant personnel on the development, production, and delivery of sports promos, capsules, and/or vignettes that promote or make appropriate mention of sponsors and advertisers.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Company and Non-Company representatives when performing assigned responsibilities.
• Follow all Company policies and procedures as set forth in the Employee's Handbook and as it may be supplemented, and take direction from managers and supervisors.
• Perform such other duties and tasks as assigned by Company from time to time.
• Degree in Communications, Journalism, and/or 3 years experience in related fields.
• Strong analytical, creative and logical problem solving skills.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills in Spanish (Written and Verbal).
• Experience thinking creatively about sports news development and workflow, and identifying needs for improvement.
• Team player with a positive attitude and a focus on sports issues.
• The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Valid CA Drivers License with insurance.
• Must be willing to work in Dallas, TX.
• Bilingual is a plus.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds
• Must be willing to be on-call 24/7.
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice
• Must be willing some local, national or international travel as needed.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must possess valid CA Driver's license and a good driving record.
• Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country; parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online