Liberman Broadcasting LLCIrving, TX
Full Time Job
TV News Writer
News writers will work on an assigned news program, or other projects as assigned. The primary responsibility is to assist in creation, writing and production of new stories for our news programs.
• Work closely with the producer of the show.
• Read, prepare and write news stories, in Spanish, for broadcast from information obtained from assignment desk, press releases, social media, and other sources and extract pertinent facts and details.
• Verify accuracy of facts; obtain supplemental material and additional details from knowledgeable sources.
• Organize material and write story conforming to specified length, style, and format requirements.
• Contribute news ideas of interest to our audience.
• Assist in preparing script and promotional material for broadcast; operate teleprompter as necessary.
• Review written material with news team and management.
• Minimum one year prior experience as a news writer.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or media preferred.
• Must be able to perform successfully in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to multitask under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Working knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment.
• Spanish/English fluency (reading, writing, and speaking) required.
• Self-motivated and creative.
• Must be willing to work in Dallas.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work overtime on short notice
• Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States with TV and radio stations operating in several top Hispanic markets, parent company of the Estrella TV Network, and the only US based Producer of Spanish-language programming. We are looking for high energy and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online