Chief of Staff/Editor
Liberman Broadcasting LLCIrving, TX
Full Time Job
Chief of Staff/Editor - TV News
Estrella TV has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and creative Chief of Staff /Editor for a TV news team. The Chief of Staff/Editor will work closely with the Vice President for News, Producers and news personnel to help guide and create live daily broadcasts.
• Conceptualize and enterprise story ideas.
• Respond to queries and issues from all news personnel per the direction of the VP.
• As Chief Editor, review all content from all newscasts, and help news personnel with questions on scripts.
• Field and/or segment produce, web production and social medial posting.
• Assist with editing show segments; book guest; coordinate script and storyline with correct video and graphics.
• Help prepare and develop news rundown.
• Work with producers, assignment editors, and reporters in the developing the content of the stories and materials.
• Exceptional writer and storyteller.
• 1- 2 years previous experience in line producing, writing news stories, and live TV production.
• Positive attitude, team player with excellent multitasking and organizational ability.
• Familiarity with and passion for news.
• PC proficient and knowledgeable with iNews software.
• Knowledgeable and proficient in using social media platforms.
• Thrive in a fast paced environment; ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Bilingual: Fluent in English/Spanish; strong oral communicator in both languages.
• BA in communications, journalism or equivalent.
• Must be willing to work in Dallas,TX
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must possess valid TX Driver's license and a good driving record.
• Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States which owns TV and radio stations operating in several top Hispanic markets, and is the parent company of Estrella TV Network, and the fastest growing television network in the U.S. We are looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online