Liberman Broadcasting INC.Dallas, TX
Full Time Job
TV Production Accountant
The Production Accountant will work closely with the Vice President of News and program Producers to track all the money spent during the preparation, shooting and post-production phase of a News Show. The Production Accountant will usually be assigned to one or two News Show at a time, and handle the local/on-set accounting needs (in conjunction with the Company's standard Finance & Accounting Department)
• General accounting and bookkeeping.
• Prepare and track the show's monthly recurring and non-recurring expenses and journal entries.
• Process all invoice and check requests for the show; ensure proper approvals are obtained; prepare and reconcile all purchase orders.
• Assist in processing Show's payroll.
• Reconcile the Show's cash expense reports and financial accounts for management review.
• Maintain and organize all accounting files related to the Show.
• Assist Finance & Accounting Department in preparation and distribution of financial statements related to the Show.
• Maintain strict adherence to all financial policies, procedures and established budgets.
• BA/BS preferred in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or equivalent years of work experience in a live television production.
• Familiarity with basic accounting principles and financial terminology, and reports.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Positive attitude, detail oriented, with good multi-tasking and organizational ability.
• Bilingual: Fluency in written, reading and spoken English/Spanish.
Eligibility Requirements :
• Must be willing to work in Dallas, TX
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work overtime, holiday or weekends on short notice
• Must possess a valid TX Drivers License with good driving record
• Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country; parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online