LBI Media, Inc.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country; parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
The primary objective of the Staff Accountant is to provide support for the day-to-day operations of the Accounting/Finance Department.
• Manage commissions for the entire sales organization, inclusive of the accurate calculation of commissions, communication with the payroll department, and providing statements to employees.
• Prepare weekly sales pacing reports for upper management and sales department.
• Reconcile and record purchase card activity.
• Responsible for month-end close journal entries in accordance with the monthly close calendar.
• Perform balance sheet reconciliations, including bank statement reconciliations.
• Provide support and variance explanations to management.
• Provide data requests and various other financial duties as requested by senior management.
• Position requires the candidate to interact and work directly with auditors, affiliate partners, and various other vendors.
• Other duties and special projects, including research, ad-hoc analyses and presentations, as may be determined and assigned by management.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred and/or minimum 2 years' experience.
• Excel experience with pivot tables, lookups, and IF formulas required.
• Previous Television and/or Radio experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Great Plains and FRx a plus
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
• Demonstrate attention to details and good record-keeping.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel).
• Team player with ability to collaborate with other teams in the organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
• Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online