LBI Media, Inc.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day general ledger accounting, financial planning and reporting and analysis for the entire company. This position works directly with the Accounting Manager and the Controller.
• Prepare journal entries for the month end close in accordance with the monthly close calendar
• Perform variance analyses and prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
• Manage commissions for the entire sales organization, inclusive of the accurate calculation of commissions and communication with the payroll department
• Maintain and manage fixed assets for the entire company, including related external property tax reporting
• Maintain programming cost amortization schedule and analysis
• Provide support and variance explanations on a quarterly basis to the Controller and CFO.
• Assists with financial, tax and various external audits
• Assist in the preparation of financial reports and data requests by senior management.
• Other duties and special projects, including research, ad-hoc analyses and Executive Presentations, as may be determined and assigned by management.
Requirements and Skills
• BA/BS degree required; Accounting emphasis preferred
• Minimum of 3-5 years in Accounting or related field required
• Proficient knowledge of GAAP and relevant accounting standards
• Intermediate Excel experience with pivot tables, lookups, and IF formulas required (Macros a plus)
• Entertainment TV and Radio Industry experience preferred
• Knowledge of Great Plains and FRx a plus
• Highly detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi task
• Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and complex business environment
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
• Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country; parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online