Master Control Supervisor
LBI Media Inc.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Master Control Supervisor ensures the television master control personnel meet the operational performance goals for the department and Broadcast Services. The Master Control Supervisor operates all equipment associated with the master control system. The Master Control Supervisor trains and supervises all Master Control Operators, ensures operator proficiency, and is primarily responsible for creating, maintaining, and ensuring compliance with master control standard operating procedures. Responsible for airing programs and breaks in accordance with the broadcast log while monitoring simultaneously-occurring sports/special events and have a rapid reaction time to selectively pinpoint and correct problems.
• Must be able to work cross-functionally with various departments within Broadcast Services to ensure all teams interface efficiently with on- air operations.
• Skills in the operation of analog and digital broadcast equipment, software, and data transfer networks and devices such as broadcast video tape recorders, video servers, audio/video routers, audio and video control consoles, satellite receivers, and television transmitters are preferred.
• Ensure Master Control Operators are fully trained on new and existing equipment and able to operate the station within federal requirements by developing training procedures and providing group and individual training sessions as needed.
• Must be adaptable, flexible and able to troubleshooting problems quickly, always protecting ''air.''
• Willingness to lead by example, take charge of a team and facilitate a positive working environment.
• Oversees the day-to-day operation of Master Control by preparing work schedules for Master Control Operators, developing and updating written Standard Operation Procedures for Master Control, and developing station specific operator manuals for all Master Control equipment.
• Assures adequate staffing of the master control function by fulfilling regular shift responsibilities and serving as on-call replacement for operators who are on vacation or otherwise unavailable.
• Monitor broadcast signal readings for multiple transmitters and maintain transmitter log.
• Exchange material with network stations via FTP and fiber transfers.
• Familiarity with Harris Automation Systems, BetaSX and XDCAM formats is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. All employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be professional, and productive. In addition, the right candidate must have:
• College degree preferred or one or more years of college or technical college, or Technical skills' training is preferred. Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE) certification is a plus.
• Must have a working knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment.
• Detail Oriented.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule and overtime as required.
• Minimum 3 years TV Master Control experience.
• Strong supervisory skills are essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, reach with hands and arms and occasionally lift and/or move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include good close vision, distance vision, and the ability to recognize colors.
• Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA [no relocations]
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work overtime, holiday or weekends.
• Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are LBI Media, Inc. (''LBI''), the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country; parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online