Master Control Operator
LBI Media Inc.Miami, FL
Full Time Job
Master Control Operator
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States with TV and radio stations operating in several top Hispanic markets, parent company of the Estrella TV Network, and the only US based Producer of Spanish-language programming. We are looking for high energy and passionate people who want to grow with us.
The Master Control Operator is responsible for monitoring the quality and accuracy of our on-air signals as well as ensuring the transmission meets government regulations and the station's high standards. Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting equipment malfunctions and preparing programming for play out.
• Perform on-air switching for live events.
• Operate recording hardware, satellite receivers and computer based systems.
• Prepare and check material for on-air playback via automation system.
• Verify all material airing by referencing program logs.
• Monitor on-air signals for quality control.
• Monitor transmitter and tower lights accurately to meet FCC regulations.
• Anticipate and troubleshoot issues when they occur.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or technical degree as a minimum.
• TV operation experience preferred.
• Work well within a team environment and independently with minimal supervision.
• Possess strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Computer literate and technically oriented.
• Self-motivated, a fast learner and the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
• Familiarity with Florical Automation Systems, BetaSX and XDCAM formats.
• Spanish and English (Verbal & Written) is a plus.
• Able to sit/stand for long periods of time
• Work hours assigned may vary; candidate must be able to work weekends, overnights and holidays as needed.
• Must be willing to work in Miami, Fl
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work overtime on short notice
• Must be able to lift over 20lbs
• Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online