LBI Media, Inc.Houston, TX
Part Time Job
We are Houston's KQQK 107.9 fm (El Norte), KEYH 850 am/ 101.7 fm (La Ranchera), KTJM 98.5 fm / KJOJ 103.3 fm (La Raza), based in the #4 Hispanic demographic market, looking for Disc Jockey who will work with La Raza station.
• Performs on-air duties for station.
• Maintains format of station and studio equipment.
• Maintains logs, runs commercials, answers hot-line (phone).
• Assists with On-Air events coordination.
• Monitors and plays music as scheduled.
• Requires the ability to make personal appearances as directed by Programming Director
• Requires the working knowledge of interviewing and developing rapport with guests and clients.
• Requires good verbal skills.
The successful candidates must possess exceptional communication skills. They must be self-motivated, goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. All employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive.
• High school graduate; college preferred.
• 2 years on-air experience with similar job responsibilities and requirements or equivalent broadcasting school.
• Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle with appropriate insurance.
• Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish is required.
• Knowledge of radio/audio equipment (board, microphones, etc)
• Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States with TV and radio stations operating in several top Hispanic markets, parent company of the Estrella TV Network, and the only US based Producer of Spanish-language programming. We are looking for high energy and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online