Chief Radio Broadcast Engineer
LBI Media Inc.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
We are Liberman Broadcasting, Inc. a major Spanish Language Broadcaster looking for a well-rounded, top performer who can be a key contributor in a high-energy growth environment. The Chief Radio Broadcast Engineer shall install, operate, and maintain radio broadcasting equipment and services that meets and/or exceeds the needs of the administrative and production functions of the Company. The successful candidate will possess initiative and drive, have broad relevant technical knowledge with good people skills and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary of essential job functions
• RF testing, optimization for the continued operation of radio broadcast transmission.
• Troubleshoot radio, studio and transmitter equipment to the component level.
• Setting up and monitoring audio links between units in different locations.
• Installing and testing new facilities and equipment.
• Setting up and operating equipment and transmission links during outside broadcast.
• Ensure the continual functioning of Company critical radio operations.
• Assist in the ordering, acquisition, inventorying, and disposition of hardware and software.
• Assist other facility engineers as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, broadcast engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or related field and three years experience.
• Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, staff management and communication skills.
• Excellent software, analytical and IT/networking skills.
• Experienced and knowledgeable in all governmental/public file records maintenance, reporting and licensing (FCC, AQMD, Etc.).
• Experience thinking critically about systems and workflow, and identifying needs for development.
Attention to detail, organized and thorough, with desire for continuous improvement.
• Working experience with Microsoft Windows Environment, and all Microsoft Office products. Proficiency in the installation, setup and use of Audio Vault and other radio broadcast equipment is required.
• Team player with a positive attitude and a focus on business issues.
• The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Valid CA Driver's License with insurance.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds, bend, twist, pull, push, work on ladders, and in confined spaces.
• Successful candidate will be required to be on-call 24/7 and will be required to do some local travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online