Full Time Job
We're looking for a Photographer who brings more than just a good eye to work. We want someone who can dig up stories, chases breaking news and is also a whiz with editing, FTP and technology. You need to be comfortable gathering stories on your own as well as working closely with reporters. Must bring advanced digital and social media skills. Must be willing to work morning show shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Shoot video and gather news stories, either teamed with a reporter or solo.
• Edit packages and VOSOTs in the field and at the station
• Operate live camera from newsroom, studio, or remote locations, including lighting, audio, running cables, etc.
• Gather facts and information to support news stories.
• Maintain camera gear, vehicles, computer, etc.
• Additional duties as necessary
Education and Experience:
• A.A. Degree in Television production or Photography Desired
• Minimum 2 years of experience as television news photographer
• Experience operating live microwave van
• Experience operating Satellite truck desired
• Experience operating drone/UAS part 107 desired
• Experience with LIVE U
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of editorial standards.
• Must demonstrate solid news judgment
• Non-linear editing skills. Final cut Pro X experience preferred.
• Experience with MacBook Pro desired.
• Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
• Ability and willingness to write stories as needed
• Be able to tell stories with video and sound
• Must be creative with strong editing skills
• Must have attention to detail with great accuracy
• Must have a valid California driver's license
• Valid Passport preferred
• News is 24/7. We need photographers who can work any shift
• Willingness to travel with little to no notice and work overtime
• Must be a team player and work well with others
• Reports directly to Chief Photographer and takes direction on assignments from News Managers and Assignment Editors
• Represent the station to the community in a professional manner
• Contribute story ideas at daily editorial meeting
• Relay information from the field back to station promptly and clearly
• General ENG operation, maintenance and safety
• Satellite Truck/ENG Truck safety training
• LIVE U