Full Time Job
MAJOR PURPOSE: Direct and TD live programs using Ross Overdrive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Directing newscasts and other live programs
• Assistant Directing
• Editing, running cameras, floor, prompter, audio, or graphics as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• This position requires a person who is the ultimate multi-tasker. Must be able to handle multiple live shots, breaking news, and be able to look ahead and adjust to changes while keeping the show moving.
• Supervise the production side of our broadcast and ensuring the highest quality broadcast reaches air. You will also sometimes only have seconds to diagnose a problem. Video decks crashed? CG channel stopped working? The Director is the last line of defense before the product hits the air.
• Applicants must possess the ability to work well under pressure and work well with others. Strong organizational and logistical skills are a must. Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
• Applicants must demonstrate creativity, initiative, and a desire to try and create new things.
• Must be able to make and execute last second decisions
• Must be able to work closely with Producer, Editors, Transmission, Engineering, Floor Crew, other directors
• Shift supervisor, when Production Manager is not in, overseeing editors and floor crew. During shows responsible for crew breaks and staffing.
• ROSS Overdrive, TONS, VizRT, OPUS, Final Cut Pro
• Required to sit for long periods of time
• Required to operate a keyboard and mouse
• Some lifting
• Ladder climbing
Personal Protective Equipment
• Work performed primarily in an office environment, in the Control Room and in studio
• Exposure to electrical equipment
Education and Experience
• College degree or equivalent related experience is required.
• 2 years experience as a director/technical director.
• Working knowledge of Ross Overdrive and Vision switcher a plus.
• Must be proficient in FCP