Digital Sales Manager
KTLALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As an integral part of the sales team; the DSM is a progressive coach and creative thinker who can conceptualize, execute, and close revenue producing ideas that connect our advertiser's goals to our multimedia digital properties. The properties include, but are not limited to, the station websites, apps, social media, video streaming and FEP, partner initiatives and marketing services.
This sales management position works in tandem with the management team of Local Sales Managers (LSM), the National Sales Manager (NSM) and the General Sales Manager (GSM) with business development for the overall operation; specifically championing digital sales. This position reports directly to the GSM at KTLA 5, and the Vice President, Digital Sales at Tribune Media.
Major responsibilities and efforts include but are not limited to:
- Drive local digital revenue growth for the station and company. Increase revenue share in the market. Create new digital business from outside the traditional media space.
- Work at a partnership/consultative level as an expert in digital advertising with account executives, agencies, and advertisers.
- Have an impactful and consistent presence in the local advertising marketplace. This includes consistently being in the field making in-person sales calls.
- Work in tandem with the LSM, NSM and DOS with revenue strategy, P&L / expense management, training, and overall cross-media revenue production.
- Oversight of all digital sales products, inventory management and pricing strategies.
- Ability to forecast revenue, develop and sustain a business plan to exceed the digital sales budget.
- Management of the digital sales pipeline, including the formation of individual Account Executive (AE's) budgets.
- Manage, coach, train, support and motivate the team of local AE's and the Digital Sales Coordinator.
- Create a sense of team with the AE's and assist with prospecting, building plans, negotiating and closing deals.
- Brainstorm creative digital promotions that leverage the digital and broadcast assets.
- Develop and deliver best practices for digital knowledge among the sales department and clients.
- Coach and deliver sales presentations in tandem with sales people.
- Partner with News and Creative Services to support the overall growth of our digital audiences through internal strategic objectives.
- Work with the corporate digital team on corporate led sales initiatives and group sales projects.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support digital initiatives including ad operations, creative, marketing services, analytics partners, contesting and email programs, lead generation, search, and others.
- Produce revenue and expense reporting, and other support functions.
- Understand the video marketplace including: OTT, FEP, CTV, streaming, advanced TV
- Ability to manage and optimize Facebook and Instagram campaigns using Facebook Ads Manager
- Work across departments on approvals and integrated marketing campaigns, including news, legal, and creative services
- Understand the digital marketplace and consistently look for new revenue monetization opportunities for the station
Desired Skill and Experience:
- Promote a winning, positive culture. Be a team player. Be resilient and consistent. Have passion for the business, the job, and helping clients to be successful.
- 5 years or more experience in sales, promotions, or marketing preferred. Digital advertising experience preferred.
- 3 years of sales management experience preferred.
- Ability to translate challenges into opportunities.
- Presentation experience, excellent written and verbal communications essential.
- Creative thinking essential.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, manages time wisely, and prioritize projects and people.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in PowerPoint, screen sharing, Excel, social media, etc.
- Basic understanding of ad tags, analytics and campaign tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications or similar field required.
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online