Local Sales Manager
KSWBSan Diego, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/27/2021 8:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Local Sales Manager jobs in San Diego-CA
Search all Local Sales Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Local Sales Manager?
Full Time Job
Responsible for all sales activity in the local television market; leading and motivating sales team, monitors and evaluates the sales performance of the local account executives; participates in the setting of and is accountable for achieving revenue goals; establishes and maintains positive working relationships with local advertising agencies and direct clients.
• Responsible for all sales activity in the local television market; leading and motivating the sales team, monitors and evaluates the sales performance of the local account executives; participates in the setting of and is accountable for achieving revenue goals; establishes and maintains positive working relationships with local advertising agencies and clients.
• Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, new business and digital revenue
• Drives new business development
• Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
• Manages recruitment, training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals
• Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
• Manages Accounts Receivable
• Develops and cultivates client relationships alongside Account Executives
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Minimum three-five years of media sales experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams
• Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic, Matrix, Medialine, Primelingo, Workday and comScore is preferred
Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent related experience with a minimum of five years in television sales in a major market. Requires analytical and technical skills to analyze emerging markets. Develop and execute cross platform media packages, price and sell FOX 5 broadcast, digital and multi-channel airtime to achieve established revenue goals and grow market share. In depth knowledge of the San Diego advertising environment is required. Should have existing solid relationships with both agency and clients. A strong background in sales, research, new local direct and agency operation. The ability to train, motivate, direct and evaluate the performance of team is a must. Candidate will possess knowledge of the local market, rating services, NEW LOCAL DIRECT BUSINESS development, multimedia advertising solutions, available research tools and other means for creating non-traditional revenue i.e.(broadcast, internet, multi-channel and sponsorships). Must have effective oral and written communication skills to negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders
Must have : 100% ALL-IN-TO-WIN ATTITUDE!