Intern - News Station Sales
KSTU-Fox 13Salt Lake City, UT
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Summary Description: KSTU FOX 13 has an exciting internship opportunity in the station’s sales department. This internship is designed to provide the student with the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the world of sales, marketing, advertising and lifestyle programming.
Interns are an important part of the KSTU Sales team. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Contributing to the production of the station’s lifestyle show The PLACE team by brainstorming, coordinating and booking guests and performing tasks as assigned by the executive producer.
• Greeting segment guests and preparing them for the show.
• Assisting show producers with social media and website strategy, writing and posting.
• Working with the Sales Marketing and Programming Strategy Manager to plan and execute community outreach efforts and events.
• Observing and assisting account executives, research director and sales assistants.
• Compiling market research and assisting with sales presentations.
• May also gain experience in field producing, editing and on-air work. The intern will have the opportunity to create resume reel from their experience on The PLACE.
• You must be 18 or older and a registered student in good stating at an accredited college or university.
• Completion of junior or senior level of education, preferably in journalism, broadcasting, marketing, public relations, or related field.
• Must be able to work the hours required. At times, hours may include early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends. We will coordinate with the intern’s school schedule.
To apply, provide a cover letter, resume and prof of school registration with your online application. If interested in receiving college credit for participating in this program, please include a letter or other documentation provided by your advisor that confirms that you will receive college credit. Applications will not be processed without these items.
PLEASE APPLY OLINE
Due to the volume of applications received we will not be able to verify the receipt of your resume or application. A KSTU FOX 13 representative will contact you for a phone or in-person interview, should your application be selected.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder.