FT On-Air Director
KSTU-Fox 13Salt Lake City, UT
Full Time Job
KSTU Fox 13 Television has an immediate opening for a full-time ON-AIR DIRECTOR/TECHNICAL DIRECTOR. Hours and work schedules vary Monday-Sunday.
POSITION SUMMARY: Work with producers to outline and execute the technical operation of newscasts ensuring on-air quality, proper pacing and coordination of all technical elements. Technical Director is responsible for switching newscasts, integrating graphics, video and digital effects using Ross Overdrive. Experience building switcher custom controls and Overdrive templates a plus.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous experience as a director/technical director of newscasts in a small or medium market; applicants must also have previous experience as a video photographer/editor in commercial production and/or news environment
• Demonstrated aptitude for operating broadcasting equipment (i.e., Ross Vision Switcher w/ Overdrive, camera robotics, waveform monitors, studio cameras, jib and teleprompter for newscasts.)
• Demonstrated ability to organize a well-paced, daily newscast under the direction of management
• Demonstrated ability to consistently use good judgement and decision-making skills
• Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person with co-workers and the public while working under pressure in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Proven record of dependability, ability to consistently meet deadlines, and ability to work a variety of schedules to meet company needs
• Prefer applicants with experience writing, shooting and producing daily news topical promotional spots
To apply, please send resume, reel with Director’s track, and Fox 13 application http://localtvkstu.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/fox-13-employment-application.pdf to
5020 West Amelia Earhart Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
or FAX: (801) 536-1379
Email to - firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the volume of applications received we will not be able to verify receipt of your resume or applications. A KSTU/Fox 13 representative will contact you for a phone or in-person interview, should your application be selected.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder.