Human Resources Assistant
Kansas City RoyalsKansas City, MO
Full Time Job
The Human Resource Assistant provides quality HR compliance and administrative support to the HR Department on various projects.
• Performs customer service functions by answering employee questions and requests
• Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains current and archived I-9 documentation
• Tracks, maintains and archives personnel record to ensure timely and accurate records
• Submits online background investigation requests
• Performs Paid Time Off (PTO) reconciliation
• Updates HR systems with employee change requests and processes paperwork
• Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions
• Processes mail
• Prepares Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
• Assists with various research projects and/or special projects
• Assists with planning and coordinating events or meetings
• Assists with recruitment efforts, including job announcements and advertisements
• Must have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
• Must be able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations
• Must be able to edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information
• Must be able to manage time effectively in order to complete tasks and meet deadlines
• Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully
• Must be able to handle and keep extremely sensitive information confidential
• Must have good interpersonal skills with ability to relate to diverse groups of people and people on all levels
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
• Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, prolonged sitting, and lifting of office supplies
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you able to relate to diverse groups of people and people on all levels?
• Are you able to manage time effectively?
• Are you able to keep extremely sensitive information confidential?