John Lennon Educational Tour BusSan Francisco, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for On-board Engineer jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all On-board Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an On-board Engineer? Position Title: On-board Engineer (Full-time)
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus is looking for energetic, dedicated people to join our staff. A position on the Bus is a unique opportunity to work with the latest technology while interacting with a diverse group of students, educators, artists, celebrities, and consumers. Applicants need to be familiar with a broad range of musical styles and genres. They should have a working knowledge of technology products. Staff members must have the skills to correctly troubleshoot technical problems in a logical and safe manner. The ability to play one or more musical instruments and/or songwriting experience is a plus. Successful candidates will tour high schools and colleges in the U.S. conducting various educational workshops centered on original songwriting and audio/video production. Staff will also have the opportunity to engineer for celebrity artists and will have unlimited access to studio recording time.
PRIMARY SKILLSET REQUIREMENTS:
• Extreme attention to detail.
• Master of time management.
• Insatiable desire to learn new things.
• A collaboration enthusiast.
• Belief that inspiring others is a creative act.
• Experience working in a recording studio environment.
• Experience recording audio with digital recording hardware/software including the ability to configure digital audio word clock configurations, use analog and digital patchbays, set cue mixes, and a thorough understanding of signal flow and gain structure.
• Experience editing and mixing music and sound for video.
• Experience with basic studio maintenance.
• Proficient using Apple computers (current version of OS), file management, data backup, small local area networks, and system maintenance.
• Proficient with Avid Pro Tools.
• Proficient with Final Cut Pro.
• Experience shooting digital video with correct camera technique and an eye for creative and unique shots.
• Experience shooting digital photos using DSLRs, organizing and editing photos using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
• Experience with digital media workflows, media and project management, tagging and archiving.
• Use of iOS devices (iPad, iPhone) to create music and visual projects is a plus.
• Experience with Ableton Live, Reason, Adobe Creative Cloud apps is a plus.
• Experience setting up small live PA rigs, engineering/mixing live concerts, and performing remote recordings of concerts is a plus.
• Experience working with youth is a plus.
• Basic level musicianship/songwriting/production experience required (instrument, arrangement).
REQUIRED FOR COMPLETE APPLICATION:
• Cover letter and Resume // Online portfolio (LINK ONLY) of audio (songwriting & recordings), video, photography