Spring Intern - Film/TV Development
Janet Yang ProductionsSanta Monica, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Janet Yang is a Golden Globe- and Emmy-winning producer seeking motivated interns for her Santa Monica-based production company, founded in 1996. As a governor of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Yang launched her career when working with Steven Spielberg on EMPIRE OF THE SUN. She then formed a long-term partnership with Academy Award-winning writer/director Oliver Stone. Other previous credits include THE JOY LUCK CLUB and THE PEOPLE VS. LARRY FLYNT.
Interns will have a unique opportunity to be part of a small creative team and to gain first-hand exposure to the development process in TV and film.
1. Read submissions and do coverage
2. Write notes on existing projects
3. Help prepare PowerPoint presentations
4. Help prepare business plans
5. Help with upcoming events involving organizations such as the Academy of Motion Pictures, Asia Society, GOLDHOUSE, etc.
6. Assist with social media
You must be able to work 2-3 days a week
1. Excellent writing and speaking skills
2. Strong office/computer (Apple) skills
3. Previous experience in writing coverage a plus
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online