Mandarin Speaking Video Editor
J. Wu EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Mandarin Speaking Video Editor for Documentary
J. Wu Entertainment is currently seeking an experienced Mandarin-speaking video editor for a high-caliber bio documentary feature. This is an ongoing project and will start postproduction in December 2018. The estimate finishing time will be in September 2019. Please send over your reel/portfolio along with your resume to be considered.
- Read the shooting script and meet with the director(s) to understand the vision for the documentary.
- Log and assemble footage. Work with director(s) to select scenes based on their dramatic and entertainment value. The editor is looking for the best combination of photography, content, emotional values and timing.
- Edit the segments of footage to the lengths needed for the documentary and assemble them into the best sequence to tell the story of the subject.
- Work with sound effects editors, sound editors and music directors on sound, score and film sequences that will be added to the film.
- Insert temporary music and sound effects if needed
- Review the edited film, make corrections and prepare it as a first cut, or rough cut, teasers and trailers.
- Make revisions, as requested by the director and producers.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is a MUST! Applicant who cannot speak or read Mandarin will NOT be considered.
- Three to five years of experience in editing biographical documentary is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in editing programs such as Premiere or Avid is required.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Passion for movies and TV shows.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Ability to manage projects from end-to-end with no extra supervision.
Salary: Based on Experience
Start date: Early December 2018
Job Type: Contractor
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online