Intern - Social Media
Ironic Music Booking AgencyRemote, US
Part Time Unpaid Internship
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Ironic Music Booking Agency is the innovative booking agency on the New England music scene. We pride ourselves in differentiating from the 'average' booking agent in that we focus a great deal of attention on social media promotion and marketing of all the gigs we book…unlike any other booking agent around! Ironic Music Booking Agency focuses on booking acts North of Boston up to Southern ME. Our goal is to help musicians broaden their horizons and get more gigs, as well as help venues that are looking to get to know new and different talent.
Ironic is looking for a highly motivated intern interested in learning about social media marketing in the music industry. Candidates must love music, social media and be enthusiastic and computer/internet savvy. As an intern, you would be an essential part of our team and have fun while learning a lot about the industry, assisting with both online and offline campaigns. You will assist with outreach, research and project related tasks. Interns would have specific duties, deadlines and take full responsibility for their projects. A commitment of 15-20 hours per week is required, for a minimum of 4 months. This is a virtual/online position and is an unpaid internship.
The Social Media Intern will assist with outreach, research and project related tasks within specified deadlines and take full responsibility for his/her projects. Intern's foremost priorities, with no order of importance, are as follows:
• Keep an up-to-date gig calendar (online Google calendar), as indicated by Client. This calendar is on Client's FB page and website and will also be accessible to all bands/musicians on Client's roster, as well as to the general public, so a timely and precise update is fundamental.
• Assist in creating events on Client's Facebook (FB) pages, Ironic Music Booking Agency & Music Bingo by Ironic, in a timely manner, as well as tagging musicians and venues to aid in promoting gigs booked by Client.
• Responsible for researching, creating & scheduling tweets on Ironic's Twitter page (approx. 4-7 per day)
• Intern will put together a 14 day Twitter plan, in ample time to be reviewed & edited by Client.
• Intern will be utilizing Hootsuite and/or other social media management sites, as deemed necessary, to assist in the timely scheduling of posts
• Intern will keep up to date/add to the ''How To Tweet for Ironic'' guideline.
Depending on intern's time commitment, the intern may also be requested to participate in the following tasks:
• Research, create & schedule/post posts on Ironic's Instagram page (approx. 4-7 per day)
• Assist Client with additional FB pages that Client is responsible for (Hideaway Pub) and/or is involved in.
• Update/add to the ''How To Instagram for Ironic'' guideline
• Participate in online social media training.
• Participate in market research project to assist Ironic in exploring new/different markets.
- Self driven and proactive
- Proficient writing and grammar skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet timely deadlines
- Interest in marketing, promotions and social media
- Great familiarity with social networking sites
- Advanced experience with all Office programs
- Timely responses to email, texts & other
- Ability to time manage
- Ability to work remotely
- Keen organizational and multi-tasking skills
All selected candidates will be required to sign a contract prior to beginning a collaboration.
unpaid virtual/online internship
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online