Industrial Light & MagicLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
ILM London has an exciting opportunity for a globally experienced Recruiter to join our London team. The Recruiter is responsible for managing the successful selection and hiring of the best talent for Industrial Light & Magic in London and at times may be called upon to support global recruitment efforts at London’s sister studios in San Francisco, Singapore and Vancouver. This position requires an understanding of the VFX industry, various artist disciplines, the production environment and the ability to cultivate an environment of trust and collaboration.
• Responsible for performing full spectrum recruitment activity for both film and tv in the London studio.
• Partner with London leadership and hiring managers to understand studio strategy and related needs in order to recruit talent.
• Ensures high quality procedures are in place, in line with company policy governing recruitment and selection.
• Supports development and implementation of recruitment practices in order to successfully attract top quality candidates appropriate to Company needs and requirements.
• Plans and executes recruiting and outreach events.
• Plans and organizes promotion and recruitment efforts targeting potential universities and diversity opportunities.
• Participates in the development of various junior talent programs including internships and graduate outreach.
• Collaborates with compensation partner & HR to refine studio compensation strategy and market competitiveness on ongoing basis
• Partners with hiring managers to help develop first-class recruitment skills (screening, interviewing and selection).
• Partners with global recruiting team, shares knowledge and resources in order to effectively and efficiently fill requisitions with the best available talent.
• Identify, screen, interview and recommend candidates for a portfolio of open requisitions
• Utilize applicant tracking system, Jobvite, and related workflow
• Assesses immigration and relocation needs, obtain appropriate approvals and facilitates process as needed.
• Perform special projects as requested.
• 3 or more years of experience in recruitment
• Preferred recruiting experience specializing in the VFX, animation, games industry and/or technology
• Proven organizational ability
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as follow-through on multiple-projects
• Outstanding customer service
• Proven track record in sourcing and recruiting candidates
• Sophisticated computer skills (Internet research/recruiting, Microsoft Word, Excel) is required
• Experience with applicant tracking systems and workflow
• Ability to contribute positively in a high-energy, changing environment
• Uses a computer keyboard at least 75% of total work time
• Ability to travel as needed
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.