Producer - Rover's Morning Glory
Full Time Job
Creates program content and manages the whole production process for both live and recorded radio programs
• Undertakes key administrative responsibilities as well as assists in planning and producing live and/or pre-recorded radio shows which may include news, music, talk, sports, traffic, and feature productions.
• Generates original ideas, identifies suitable ideas from others, and carries out thorough research.
• Researches information, obtains materials and assists with contacting and scheduling guests.
• Gives direction to presenters, content providers, assistants and other crew members.
• Manages budgets and ensures the efficient use of resources.
• Obtains permissions or licenses for recording or broadcasting on location, and for the use of music, sound effects and audio archive material.
• Monitors listener emails, inquiries and responses related to shows.
• Works in collaboration with presenters, performers or other program contributors, in order to perform quality assurance to meet established production standards, rules and regulations.
• Uses various broadcasting technologies such as soundboards and editing/production software.
• Schedules and monitors the radio stream during live recordings.
• Assists with time-keeping, saving show recordings, archiving show files and post-production editing as directed.
• May work the board for pre-recorded or live shows.
• Ability to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences; has comprehensive knowledge of subjects relevant to specific radio genres
• Excellent writing and storytelling skills; ability to tailor and adapt content for different audiences and platforms
• Knowledgeable of the radio market, different station/program styles, audience demographics
• Knows how to use a variety of recording equipment and to operate different radio studios
• Excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy, empathy and patience
• Ability to build rapport and draw information from people
• Can coach and develop others
• Has confidence and tenacity to pursue information, overcome obstacles and pitch ideas to senior colleagues
• Stress tolerance: ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, and to react quickly to changes
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities, multi task and meet tight deadlines
• Full knowledge of the law, rules and industry regulations around radio production; knows when it is necessary, and how to acquire, relevant clearances and licenses
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• 3+ years' experience as Radio Producer and/or Assistant in a smaller market or college station
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Radio or Media Production
• None required
Cleveland, OH: 6200 Oak Tree Boulevard, Suite 400, 44131
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Selected students will have the opportunity for actual hands-on participation in a wide range of business operations, mergers and acquisitions, progressive integration, and information technology.
iHeartCommunications, Inc. was founded in San Antonio, TX under the name Clear Channel Communications, Inc. with the purchase of a single radio station in 1972. After decades of growing media assets globally, the company has become one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies, operating as iHeartMedia, Inc. iHeartMedia, Inc. consists of two main media businesses: Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (NYSE: CCO) and the wholly owned iHeartMedia. Between these divisions, the company focuses on providing a spectrum of multi-platform advertising and marketing opportunities for partners and world-class entertainment for listeners and users. Across the board, iHeartMedia, Inc. continues to focus on developing innovative and dynamic campaigns for advertisers. Clear Channel Outdoor operates close to one million displays in 45 countries across five continents, and continues to expand upon traditional billboard advertising by packaging unique combinations of displays in airports, rails, malls and more worldwide. The company's focus on investing in new technologies has led to the growth of its digital footprint. These digital products help to create the ultimate advertising platform for out-of-the-box campaigns, featuring countdowns, video, time-sensitive updates and social media integration. Its iHeartMedia division has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America with 245 million monthly listeners. It serves 150 markets through 850 owned radio stations in the U.S. The company's operations also include, online and mobile services, including iHeartRadio - the free all-in-one, industry-leading digital radio service; live concerts and events such as the iHeartRadio Music Festival; program syndication; real-time traffic services; music research services; and independent media representation. With the advent of new properties, platforms and opportunities, iHeartMedia, Inc. looks forward to continuing along the path towards a creative, dynamic and innovative future.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online