Finishing Assistant Editor
Ignition CreativePlaya Vista, CA
Full Time Job
Under supervision of the Director of Finishing, Finishing Supervisor, Finishing Coordinator, and Lead Finishing Assistant Editor, the Finishing Assistant Editors are responsible for completing picture and audio preps for offline spots and the full online process for in house finishes. The Finishing Assistant Editors work closely together and with the supervisors to ensure that all tasks are completed and questions are answered.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Complete picture preps for offline spots and trailers. This includes: 2 pop, check length, overcut, collapse and deconstruct picture, add source info burn-in, check against safety, address any issues found, export QT, output Avid Bin and EDLs and export Video AAF
• Complete audio preps for offline spots and trailers. This includes: audio overcut, cut in final voice over, organizing, correcting pan / volume issues, sourcing mixdowns, mixing down plug-ins, addressing any issues found, and exporting audio AAFs
• Accurately relay any info needed for picture and audio sources, graphics, voice over used in spot or trailer via emails and lists
• Full upres & overcut for online spots finishing in-house. This includes: correcting the color space, frame rate, aspect ratio, and timewarps
• Tag out spots by cutting in the correct voice over and graphics tags and making sure they all match and make grammatical sense
• Spell check graphics in online finishes
• Layoff and quality control final tapes such as: D5, HDCam, HDCamSR, DVCPro, DigiBeta
• Create off-camera Dialogue string outs, dailies string outs, visual effects string outs, voice over tags strings, etc. as well as full Shot, VFX & Dialogue lists with Microsoft Excel
• Present final picture and audio mix to Producers / Editors / Clients and take any notes given
• Final exports to specifications and quality control. Final delivery to correct recipients.
• Organization and cleanliness of the Finishing Avid projects, Avid stations, and hard drives
• Overlap with co-workers on all completed and in progress tasks each day
• Train new additions to the department in all functions and responsibilities
Qualifications & Skills
• Experience with Avid Media Composer 8 and a familiarity with the basic video effects and audio plug-ins.
• Experience with the Avid / ISIS Client Manager work flow
• Basic understanding of frame rates (23.98p, 29.97i, 59.94p), timecode (drop frame, non drop frame), aspect ratios (1.33, 1.78, 1.85, 2.39), resolutions (720x486, 1280x720, 1920x1080), Video scanning (interlaced vs progressive), and color spaces (rec709 16-235, RGB 0-255)
• Basic understanding of audio bit depth (16bit, 24bit), sample rate (44.1kHz, 48kHz), codecs (AAC, Linear PCM), common track layouts (stereo, 5.1, split), and audio formats (WAV, AIF, mp3, m4a)
• Knowledge of digital video codecs including DNxHD, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 4444, h264, Photo JPEG and bit rates (ex: 6Mbit/s vs 100Mbit/s)
• Experience with video conversion tools (Quicktime Pro, MPEG Streamclip, Content Agent) and basic understanding of the .mov and .mp4 wrappers
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as FTP Clients (Cyberduck, Transmit)
• Ability to work under high pressure situations with quick turn arounds and take instructions both verbally and in writing
• Attention to detail and consistency
• Understanding of basic editing concepts
DUTIES AND TASKS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. SOMETIMES ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ASSIGNED TO ASSIST WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS. WE ASK YOU TO BE FLEXIBLE WITH THE DUTIES ON THIS LIST.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online