Light Suit - Wardrobe Supervisor
iLuminate LLCMiami, FL
Full Time Job
We are a technology-based dance production company looking to add a full-time costume shop supervisor to our team! This individual must be local to the Miami area and available to start as soon as possible.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and repair all technical wardrobe/ costumes, props, and accessories.
- Clean and sanitize all technical wardrobe/ costumes, props, and accessories.
- Maintenance of wardrobe equipment (e.g. sewing machines).
- Organization of all wardrobe equipment and wardrobe area in the shop.
- Updating and creating technical costumes as necessary.
- Keeping wardrobe item inventory up to date.
- Keeping records of dancer/ talent sizes up to date.
- Purchasing any and all necessary wardrobe materials for projects or shop.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Miami wardrobe personnel for over hire projects.
- Pack and Prep technical wardrobe/ costumes, props, and accessories for all shows, one-off traveling gigs, tours, etc.
** Here at iLuminate we work with EL wire, LED lights, Vinyl, Velcro, Diffusion, etc. If you are ready to explore something different, creative, and innovative… this is the job for you!!**
Our ideal candidate will posses the following qualities:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Experience in entertainment/ production/ theatrical industry is preferred.
- Sewing machine knowledge, experience, and skill is necessary.
- Hand stitching experience and skill is necessary.
- Ability to perform fast and precise work over all.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt and deal proactively with last minute changes.
- Maintain an even-temper under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work well as a part of a team as well as independently, with little to no supervision.
- Good computer skills (email, web search, spreadsheets)
- Good comprehension and communication skills.
- Ability to create customized patches for clients upon request.
- Attention to detail
- Show initiative
- Design and pattern making experience is a plus.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) is a plus, but not absolutely necessary.
- Being flexible with our schedules is a plus.
- Being creative and innovative is a plus.
- Ability to travel is a plus.
Based on experience
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online