Associate Counsel, Technology and Partnerships
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu's Legal team is seeking a Technology Transactions Attorney who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. Reporting to the senior lawyer responsible for supporting the technology, product, data, and commercial teams, this role will involve working closely with Hulu's technology, product, and data teams across multiple offices to meet internal client needs. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of online video streaming and technology licensing. Candidates should have transactional experience in drafting and negotiating software licensing and other complex technology agreements. Intelligence and attention to detail are an absolute must, as are good instincts and the ability to exercise high judgment in uncertain situations. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) are essential as well. If you are down-to-earth, have a team player attitude and the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Structure, draft, and negotiate a range of technology transaction agreements, including software licenses, software integration agreements, professional consulting agreements, vendor agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
• Perform legal analysis and provide prompt, practical advice on legal and commercial issues across functional business teams (including technology, product and data).
• Assist in developing scalable internal legal processes and procedures via continuous improvement of standard form agreements, legal processes, and deal processes.
• Advise internal business clients on risks and options, deal structures, and efficient methods for achieving business goals.
WHAT TO BRING
• Juris Doctor degree from a top tier law school
• 3 years of total legal experience
• At least 2 years at a nationally-recognized law firm or top-tier technology company focusing on technology or software licensing transactions
• A passion for technology and television
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a given time
• Highly organized and efficient
• Meaningful experience in other relevant areas such as information security, privacy laws, data security, consumer protection and other regulatory compliance is highly preferred
• A technical degree or background in software
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.