Spring Intern - MBA Content Acquisition
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Hulu's Content Acquisition team is seeking a Spring 2019 MBA Intern to be an integral part of the content team. Our industry is evolving at a rapid pace, and you'll get the opportunity to roll up your sleeves, jump in, and take ownership in helping us tackle important strategic challenges of the content business today. Intern projects advise our content strategy by developing insights and actionable plans that can be executed by our team. Given how quickly our industry changes, no two intern projects are the same. Previous examples include: how we can optimize the performance of the Seinfeld acquisition, how we can enter new markets like eSports or Virtual Reality, how we can improve our library film licensing strategy and how we can make the family co-viewing experience more robust. This role demands someone who can blend quantitative analysis with a strong subjective filter. We're small enough that everyone interacts directly with senior business leaders, sharing recommendations and debating the best path forward. The right person for this role likes to solve problems, is a die-hard fan of content and the media industry, and has great analytical and strategic chops. If you are someone who has new, innovative ideas on how Hulu can continue to change the media landscape across film and television, then this is the role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Participate in many stages of our content acquisition process, including formulating content strategy, sourcing new opportunities, and vetting content.
• Create highly-detailed excel models and presentations supporting content strategy and licensing deals.
• Perform detailed analytics on a variety of content areas to analyze the metrics and behaviors behind content consumption
• Develop research to support competitive intelligence and develop industry expertise; partner with internal teams (ad sales, marketing, product, finance, others) to drive initiatives forward to execution
• Complete projects that drive efforts of the Content Acquisition team and Hulu's content strategy.
WHAT TO BRING
• An almost-obsessive love for all things film and television, as well as a deep knowledge and love for entertainment and the digital media industry
• Ninja-like skills in Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to thrive in an undefined environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently, often with little supervision
• Finely honed sense of humor and willingness to participate in lively debates
• Must be currently enrolled into grad degree program
• Available January, 2-3 days per week
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.