Senior Video Editor
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu is searching for an exceptional Senior Video Editor with outstanding leadership and communication skills to bring creative intuition and inspiration, technical prowess, partner management experience to our video production team. The video production team at Hulu acts as an internal agency for the entire company's needs. We create everything from content promos and trailers, product and brand videos and commercials, to sales and internal communications videos. As part of the video production team, the Senior Video Editor will work closely with the creative team partners to edit and help produce videos in promotion of Hulu and all of it's content and initiative. We are looking for a whip-smart, skilled, passionate and whole-hearted creative to join our collaborative and hard-working team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Work collaboratively with Assistant Editors, Video Producers, Art Directors, Creative Directors, Motion Graphics Designers and Animators, Project Managers and other Editors to create innovative, compelling creative to meet the needs of marketing campaigns
• Edit and help develop creative for on-channel, digital, social and broadcast promos and short form content
• Sound design and audio mix with all forms of possible assets and content
• Own project specific final deliverables process and execution with Assistant Editors on approved assets
• Stay in sync with video producers on approvals and feedback throughout production process
• Manage a small team, including assistant editors, editors, interns and/or freelancers
• Deliver edits and projects on-time while always pushing the envelope on creativity and flawless execution
• Collaborate with video producers, assistant editors and other editors to find creative solutions
• Attend and contribute meaningfully to bi-weekly video creative reviews
• Provide leadership on asset management, workflow and maintaining inter-team editing processes
• Provide creative leadership and support for video editors and assistant editors
WHAT TO BRING
• At least 10 years professional editing experience, with expertise in short-form video storytelling.
• Expert editor in Premiere CC and/or FCP, Avid
• Management and mentoring experience leading a small team
• Experience managing the editing processes on a creative project from pre-production through post-production
• Experience managing clients, feedback, notes, and approvals
• Expert in giving and receiving critical feedback in a team environment
• Expert level experience as a music editor, sound designer, sound mixer, who understands the emotional power and structure of music
• Proficiency in Soundtrack Pro, Pro Tools, Audition, After Effects, and Photoshop
• Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Google shares
• Ability to understand, research, troubleshoot, resolve and advise on technical video issues
• The complicated combination of meticulousness, technical prowess, organization, communicativeness and uber creativity all at the same time
• Motion graphics and VFX experience
• Knowledge of scripted television post-production workflow
• Passion for music and the art of music editing and sound design
• Passion for marketing innovation and campaign storytelling
• Passion for life-long learning and a resourceful, solution-oriented attitude
• Desire to effectively communicate and interface with internal and external clients
• Desire and ability to speak in public and lead creative discussions
• Desire to motivate and inspire others to grow through coaching, feedback and supportWHAT TO SEND
• Your resume. Include relevant work experience, editorial and otherwise.
• Your video reel and/or links to your most compelling creative work.
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.