Senior UX Researcher
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Do you find yourself always asking why and advocating regularly for users in a rapidly changing environment? Hulu's Experience team is seeking an expert Senior UX Researcher who will be an outstanding addition to our team! As a Sr. UX Researcher at Hulu, you will help articulate user research insights to internal partners and be a strong advocate for the role of research in product development. The right person for this role is a research authority who draws insights from both quantitative and qualitative data. We look to you as a trusted voice in research contributing to strategic discussions and building relationships between research, design, product, marketing and various internal partners. You will plan and execute research that will encourage and influence others to develop product and feature improvements. If you are someone who has a strong background and you love the thrill of discovering user-generated insights, then this is an outstanding role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Define, plan and conduct user centered research (ethnographies, usability testing, etc.) around users' needs and behaviors with statistical analysis in order to help inform our product initiatives (websites, mobile apps, mobile web, living room apps).
• Observe and analyze user behavior and present clear actionable insights to partners.
• Educate teams about how to incorporate user research and facilitate evidence-based results for positive product and design decisions.
• Execute qualitative research projects from start to finish, including developing a research plan, recruiting, moderating, analyzing results, and presenting findings.
• Mentor fellow UX researchers to grow skillsets and be the example of growth and standard methodologies.
• Work closely with designers, product managers, market researchers and developers to identify research topics and uncover opportunities to further improve our understanding of both current and prospective users.
• Travel a few days a month to conduct research.
WHAT TO BRING
• At least 7 years of experience with a broad set of user-centered research methods, including but not limited to: contextual inquiry and ethnographic field studies, one-on-one interviews, A/B testing, focus groups, usability testing, concept testing, competitive assessments, diary studies, etc.
• Confident and comfortable with mixed methods research, metrics, and are able to synthesize and correlate quantitative data with qualitative user research.
• Meticulous sense of detail and the ability to seek out simple or new solutions to complex challenges.
• Familiarity with mobile, gaming and/or TV platforms.
• Passion and care for evangelizing and educating team members on the value of user experience research in a clear, understandable and relatable way.
• Experience using various survey and statistical analysis. Validated ability to present research findings and insights in a concise and logical manner to various audiences to gain alignment, collaborator consensus, business partners, etc.
• Validated and familiarity with statistical modeling and complex analysis.
• A Master's degree or Ph.D. in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors or a related field preferred or equivalent.
• Experience successfully generating research insights and having them drive product decisions within an environment where user research has only recently been introduced.
• Experience driving user research within an agile product development environment.
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.