Senior Content Acquisition Associate, Kids & Family Media
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu's Content Acquisition team is seeking a Senior Associate who will be an exceptional addition to our Kids and Film content teams. As a Content Acquisition Senior Associate, you will participate in the content acquisition process - defining our programming strategy through rigorous analysis of data, representing that strategy internally, supporting negotiations with our content partners, and working across the company to operationalize the deals our team has negotiated. This role demands someone who can blend quantitative output with a strong subjective filter to create actionable insights, all at a breakneck pace. If you have passionate opinions on everything from the best of the Disney Vault to Curious George to Adventure Time, then this is the job for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Contribute to strategic relationships with content partners and support the negotiation of licensing deals
• Support the formulation of content strategy and communicate that strategy internally and externally
• Track and vet new content for quality, appeal, and fit with our strategic plan
• Work collaboratively with our Finance team to value content opportunities
• Collaborate with Marketing, Product, PR, Partnerships, Finance, and Legal to ensure deal parameters of our negotiated deals are communicated and executed
• Analyze and communicate content performance post-launch
• Complete long term and ad-hoc projects, including competitive analysis, to support the strategy of the Content Acquisition team and Hulu overall
WHAT TO BRING
• Experience in and/or passion for Kids and Family media (TV and Film)
• 3-5 years of work experience at either a major media company or a top tier consulting firm / investment bank
• Passion for both 'old' and 'new' media, and an understanding of how the industry is changing and why
• 'Graduate-level' skills in quantitative analysis and data-driven storytelling
• Strong evidence of effective verbal and written communication
• Strong business judgment, proven strategic thinking, and problem solving skills
• Ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently, often with little supervision
• Finely-honed sense of humor and willingness to participate in lively debates - everything from how to reach the 2am animation lover, to how to get families to watch Hulu together, to the relevance of 'Hannah Montana.'
• Hands-on experience in the kids media industry, especially one that brought you into contact with strategy and/or deal making.
• Experience with Rentrak/Comscore, Tableau, SQL
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.