Manager, Marketing Decision Science
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu's Marketing team is seeking a Manager, Marketing Decision Science who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a Manager, Marketing Decision Science at Hulu, you will liaise with business stakeholders to apply analytics to tackle our biggest challenges. This will entail leading a marketing science team focused on advanced modeling, acting as a consultant to the Marketing team, ensuring high business value in the analysis you provide. You will promote the use of analytics as a critical value driver and source of competitive advantage within Marketing and across our organization. The right person for this role has experience leading teams, utilizing advanced analytics, strong attention to detail, likes to solve problems, is intellectually curious and an innovator. If you are someone who is analytical and passionate about data-driven decision-making, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Lead a team of highly skilled marketing analysts/scientists to develop deep analyses and recommendations using advanced quantitative methods
• Be a partner to the Subscriber Growth team identifying business problems and developing solutions that lead to improved acquisition, engagement and retention efforts
• Develop econometric models to quantify and optimize paid media impacts (e.g., marketing mix and response modeling)
• Implement other statistical and machine learning methods to identify customer behaviors and optimize marketing efforts (e.g., propensity modeling, forecasting, hypothesis testing, etc.)
• Present action-oriented analyses to stakeholders, clearly articulating results, both visually and verbally
• Support the operationalization of analytics outputs to achieve maximum business value
WHAT TO BRING
• 5-10 years of experience in a quantitative analysis role including 3 years of experience leading teams, consulting experience highly valued
• Master's or Ph.D in a quantitative field such Economics, Business/Marketing, Ops Research, etc. from a top-tier university
• Highly competent with quantitative data analysis and utilizing data to drive decision-making, specifically related to marketing effectiveness. Hands-on experience creating marketing mix or other econometric models.
• Experience with the following tools/languages: SQL, Excel, R/SAS/Python or another statistical package, PowerPoint, Tableau (or other BI/data viz tools)
• Demonstrated experience using statistical, econometric, machine learning and data mining techniques
• Experience manipulating and analyzing massive data sets
• Ability to tell a story with data both verbally and visually
• Have an open mind to research and learn new analytical techniques
• Experience and passion working within the entertainment industry
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.