HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu's Legal team is seeking a Legal Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our Legal team. As a Legal Analyst at Hulu, you will analyze, interpret, enter and maintain contract information in a digital rights management platform for our licensed content and originals business. The right person for this role has experience analyzing and interpreting contracts and a strong attention to detail and possesses an atypically high-quality bar for his/her work product. If you are someone who obsesses over details, regularly uses independent discretion and judgement, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Manage and own the day-to-day operation and maintenance of Hulu's rights management platform that tracks rights and drives operations for the business.
• Analyze and interpret the key legal, content and financial terms of licensed content and originals contracts to enable efficient tracking and implementation of such terms
• Drive the input and process of the key legal, content and financial terms of licensed content and originals contracts into Hulu's rights management platform.
• Recommend configuration changes to Hulu's rights management platform.
• Collaborate with key legal, content and finance personnel to ensure alignment on rights tracking objectives
• Create and run reports using the data entered into Hulu's rights management platform.
• Respond to inquiries regarding contract information for stakeholders
• Assist with the creation and maintenance of data entry process documentation
• Provide support for ad hoc data entry and other projects as needed
• Execute special assignments or tasks under only general supervision
WHAT TO BRING
• Bachelor's Degree from a nationally accredited college or university (please include your G.P.A. and cover letter within your application)
• 3 years of experience analyzing, tracking and entering complex contractual terms, preferably at a media company or a top tier consulting firm / investment bank
• Ability to work autonomously and use independent judgment frequently
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft business suite, specifically Excel (including VLOOKUP formulas and pivot tables), PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
• Experience with intellectual property contracts, preferably content license agreements Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate across departments
• Strong work ethic and a highly detail-oriented mindset
• Experience with Rightsline software
• Experience with content rights management, contract lifecycle management or similar platforms, including experience configuring fields for such platforms.
• Basic accounting experience
• Passion for media, film and television
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.