Director, Physical Production
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu's Content team is seeking a Director, Content Production who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a Director, Content Production at Hulu, you will supervise and manage all aspects of the physical and digital journey of a piece of content from the initial budgeting to the exhibition on our platform. If you are someone who would love to provide support to the Head of Originals on all aspects of production, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Will oversee the production and show leads units within the Hulu originals team.
• Oversee the budgeting of scripted series, unscripted series, docs and any other original content from initial estimates through production. Evaluate and inform breakage requests.
• Supervise the show leads in integrating all original content deliveries into established Hulu-wide workstreams and asset management systems from ingest to publish.
• Oversee all key production and delivery decisions that impact budget and schedule.
• Help accurately forecast and maintain delivery of programming to platform
• Make sure all aspects of our changing business are being considered as we commit to scheduling dates (marketing, qc, business affairs)
• Innovate on the production and post production level to maximize the customer experience for Hulu Originals.
• Oversee a single source of truth when it comes to delivery dates of our content.
• Supervise all aspects of production and develop effective procedures and systems to keep productions running smoothly.
• Stay abreast of new developing digital production technologies
WHAT TO BRING
• 10 years physical and post production experience, minimum five at studio, network, production company.
• Proven track record of fostering, building and maintaining relationships with key external and internal clients.
• A high integrity level and a passion for, and caring about, the quality of programming that airs on the network.
• Experience building and working as part of a cohesive team.
• Flexibility and the ability to perform effectively under stress and meet deadlines.
• The ability to work at the strategic level as well as operating day-to-day activities.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with partners.
• Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic leader.
• Ability to inspire and effect change through influence and collaboration vs. authority.
• Self-directed problem solver.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Diplomatic personality and ability to work productively with a variety of personalities.
• Thinks creatively first and foremost!
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.