Director, Originals Marketing
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu's Marketing team is seeking a Director, Originals Marketing to join our marketing team. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned content marketing executive with a track record of driving interest, viewing and engagement for series and/or films. You will bring a strong track record of building media properties and brands that resonate, layering in innovative approaches, and ultimately delivering campaigns that perform. The ideal candidate will have the right balance between strategic acumen and creative vision to drive the business forward. They will be able to draw insights from data and translate those into action plans for all internal and external teams. You will be passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun, with a management style that emphasizes collaboration, communication and commitment on all levels.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Serve as the strategic leader and voice for the originals marketing function, focused on building strong brands and effective campaigns for Hulu's amazing slate of original content.
• Set the short- and long-term strategy for the Originals slate and manage development of associated creative assets to drive audience engagement as well as broadened Hulu awareness.
• Win support for campaigns from all relevant stakeholders, including Hulu executives and external talent who also exert control over the original productions.
• Develop existing talent and hire/onboard new talent to grow the function.
• Manage relationships with cross functional teams to execute campaigns; in particular, coordinate tightly with other marketing functions, including brand marketing, social, creative and PR to insure originals campaigns fit with overall brand initiatives and communications timelines.
• Lead in agency selection and management for originals campaigns, as appropriate.
• Establish the objectives, key results, processes and workflow to ensure a high functioning group.
WHAT TO BRING
• 10 years of experience marketing content with a track record of strong creative judgement that engages a mass audience.
• Team leadership – a track record of building and leading high performing teams.
• Ability to think strategically, and able to balance long-term strategy with short-term results.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft story and represent it to executives, team members, and outside agencies.
• Ability to quickly consume large amounts of data and draw insights that drive the business forward.
• High integrity and experience managing third party agencies and cross functional teams.
• A sincere love for television and desire to change the status quo.
• Experience within a subscription based business a plus but not required.
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.