Director, Internal Communications
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu's Talent and Organization (TAO) team is seeking a Director, Internal Communications who will be an exceptional addition to our TAO team. As the Director, Internal Communications at Hulu, you will lead a team that delivers world class messaging, communications and programs that inform, influence and inspire our Hulugans. The right person for this role is able to garner commitment and cooperation from others at all levels, is creative, thoughtful and energetic and thrives in a collaborative, high-paced environment. If you are someone who is passionate about deepening Hulugans' connection to their work and Hulu, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Help Hulugans manage an overwhelming breadth and depth of information, in and around Hulu, covering topics such as current events, leadership and management, product development, individual and team accomplishments, our financial performance and more.
• Be the internal 'editor in chief' defining our voice and style, and crafting messages that are align to our culture and values.
• Collaborate with the Workplace Experience, Human Resources Operations, Talent Management and Recruiting teams within our Talent and Organization (TAO) function to develop a harmonious 'voice' across all team member experiences.
• Manage corporate social responsibility program and efforts for Hulu.
• Design, build and manage communication channels and platforms, including our intranet, physical spaces, and live events. Manage various virtual and social technologies.
• Focus efforts on continuing to build and maintain Hulu's employer brand.
• Partner across PR and corporate communications to align and represent the Hulu brand and company values internally.
• Manage Hulu's employee awards participation.
• Lead a team that hosts all internal events. Oversee event planning and messaging.
• Build team member engagement in who we are and where we are going as a company.
• Be an outstanding personal and professional example of Hulu's culture and values.
WHAT TO BRING
• 10 years of experience in communications or other relevant area
• 4-6 years of experience managing a team
• An exceptional writer, recognized for clear and compelling output, often asked to edit the work of others
• Exceptional verbal communication skills. Comfortable presenting to groups of all sizes.
• Experience in writing executive talking points and communications plans for senior leadership teams.
• Proven influencing skills across various levels in an organization.
• Thrives in a collaborative environment with a strong desire to interact with people at all levels
• Relentlessly positive attitude and outstanding consulting skills with senior leaders
• Bachelor Degree in a related field
• Experience working in technology and/or media industries
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.