HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu is looking to add to its legal team a content attorney with significant television licensing experience to focus on negotiating, drafting and closing content acquisition agreements, as well as production, distribution and rights agreements for Hulu's original programming. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience working at a major television studio or network or an online video distributor negotiating and drafting content acquisition and original content agreements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• This person will work directly with Hulu's business teams in all phases of each content project, so it is important that this person have the ability to counsel Hulu's business teams from both a business and legal perspective. At a high level, this person will be heavily involved in expanding Hulu's content lineup and reach across key platforms. More specifically, the content attorney will be responsible for leading negotiations and drafting agreements to acquire a wide array of licensed content, as well as agreements for the production, development and financing of Hulu's original content programming. An important component of this job will involve seeking input and driving consensus across the company's various business units as deal terms are crafted and finalized. So that means this person will also work closely with the distribution, marketing, technology, product and finance teams.
WHAT TO BRING
• This job is intended primarily for candidates who are currently serving as in-house counsel at a major television studio or network or an online video distributor. We will also consider law firm candidates with experience representing major studios or networks, online video distributors and/or production companies in television and digital distribution transactions. Specific criteria we are looking for:
• Juris Doctorate degree from a top tier law school
• 4-10 years of total legal experience
• 2-6 years of content licensing experience at an online video distributor, television studio and/or entertainment law firm is required
• 2-4 years at a nationally-recognized law firm focusing on corporate transactions (MandA, finance, securities) or other media/entertainment is preferred
• A very strong understanding of technology, consumer electronics and the internet is preferred
• Familiarity with the production, development and financing of original programming is preferred
• Familiarity with guild rules is preferred
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.