Business Affairs Director
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu's Business Affairs team is seeking a Business Affairs Executive who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a member of the Business Affairs team, you will negotiate all manner of deals for Hulu's growing slate of Original productions. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and proven negotiator with a passion for television and technology.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Responsible for the negotiation of complex deals and drafting of terms sheets related to Hulu Originals, including scripted pilot/series, international co-productions, documentaries, specials, ancillary content, etc.
• Partner with the Hulu legal team on drafting contracts and other issues related to IP matters, unions and guilds, etc.
• Act as a business liaison between the company's Content executives and the creative community (i.e., talent agencies, studios and production companies).
• Rigorously analyze deal structures and advise on strategy, costs, talent relations and other information relating to the development, production, and licensing of Original productions.
• Provide general business counsel in a rapidly changing business and tech environment.
WHAT TO BRING
• 7 years overall legal experience (at least 5 years doing television Business Affairs). The ideal candidate is likely currently at Vice President, Business Affairs level at a major studio or network
• J.D. degree from a top tier law school and at least 2 years practicing at a nationally-recognized law firm (or comparable in-house media, legal affairs experience.
• Superior analytical and strategic ability; proven negotiation and drafting skills.
• Extensive knowledge of television/SVOD transactions including network licensing, development and talent deals, rights/chain-of-title, production costs, contingent compensation structures, and agency package structures.
• Established, positive relationships within the TV/new media industry.
• A strong ability to apply knowledge and business judgement to make independent decisions in a high-volume, dynamic environment.
• Highly skilled at drafting and interpreting complex talent, co-production, licensing agreements, etc.
• Real passion for collaborating across various internal teams, curiosity, and willingness to take initiative.
• An understanding of production tax incentives and international co-production opportunities.
• High degree of knowledge of key provisions of the entertainment industry union and guild agreements.
• Experience with third-party independent financing arrangements, intercreditor agreements, and completion bond structures.
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.