Intern - Ticket Sales & Services
Houston RocketsHouston, TX
Part Time Unpaid Internship
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Establish relationships by making outbound phone calls and setting face to face appointments to current and prospective clients.
• Sell new full season tickets, partial season tickets, group tickets, and premium seats.
• Coordinate & execute various projects associated with growing our Group & Season Ticket Holder base.
• Assist with office projects, mailings and updating customer information for Sales & Services Departments.
• Organize and maintain sales documents and reports.
• Assist with phones and reception during peak periods.
• Support individual departments with execution of sales & services events.
• Provide assistance during Game Nights with sales & services initiatives.
• Support the VP, Coordinator and Ticket Sales & Services Departments with game duties, special assignments and projects as needed.
• Receptionist training.
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• College Junior or Senior Level student, or recent graduate looking to gain exposure to sales in the sports market.
• Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Sports Administration, or related business majors preferred.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while balancing multiple tasks is essential.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must enjoy working with all types of people.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?