Intern - Media Relations
Houston RocketsHouston, TX
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Media Relations Intern (2019-2020 Season)
This position is responsible for assisting the Media Relations Department with day-to-day duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Prepare daily news clippings from local, national and international news media & the Internet and distribute to appropriate personnel
• Assist in producing and distributing media credentials
• Producing weekly newsletters and press releases
• Distribute press conference and post-game quotes to local and national media
• Assist game day/night operations
• Assist with media guides & department manuals
• Providing practice coverage for media relations department
• Assisting with the research of game notes
• Office/administration duties, including data entry, answering phones, copying, filing and faxing.
• Maintaining media relations storage areas in an orderly fashion
• Work with all departments to provide public relations support for marketing, community, corporate, broadcasting, promotion, business and sales initiatives
• Receptionist training
• College student or graduated within the last 6 months with a degree in Communications/Public Relations or Sports Management
• Self motivated, organized, and detail oriented
• Flexible schedule and ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.