Houston RocketsHouston, TX
Full Time Job
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This position has responsibility for the proper functioning of the arena audio and video distributions as well as game scoring equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform daily operations of the audiovisual systems (audio, RF headend, RF distribution and intercom).
- Set, operate and strike all aspects of the audiovisual and scoreboard systems for Toyota Center events, including basketball, hockey, third party and internal events.
- The setting and striking of media TVs and game scoring systems.
- Assist Game Operations with technical aspects of gameday production.
- Maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot and repair components of the audiovisual systems.
- Set, operate and strike press conferences.
- Route proper audio and video signals to private- and common-area monitors, broadcasters, replay control room and team video rooms.
- Work with CATV provider to maintain sufficient level of clean RF signal to televisions in all areas of the arena.
- Oversee maintenance and repairs with contractors/vendors.
- Assist team video personnel, broadcast personnel and third party technical personnel.
- Route proper audio and video feeds between TV truck dock, video studio and audio control rooms.
- Provide departmental support for day-to-day audiovisual needs of the arena.
- Organize and maintain all equipment in designated storage and work areas.
- Perform periodic and accurate systems checks.
- Establish AV requirements with Event Coordinators prior to events to ensure efficient event operation.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities for assigned part-time staff in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing issues and solving problems and regularly communicating with staff.
- Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
- High School graduate, college degree preferred.
- CTS certification a plus
- Minimum 3 years experience in live audio setting.
- Excellent customer service skills confirmed through proven ability to interact well with people and help others.
- Technical aptitude and basic knowledge of AV equipment, terminology and software
- Will demonstrate basic knowledge of audio, RF, amplifier control module software and DSP control software and characteristics.
- Portrays a professional image to meet company dress code requirements.
- Working knowledge of audio editing software.
- Will be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule to include nights and weekends. PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
- The vision requirement includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Nature of position requires physical mobility and the ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Will have ability to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed. - Will be able to work from catwalk for short periods of time (no aversion to heights)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?