Business Development Strategist
Horizon ProductionsDurham, NC
Full Time Job
Business Development Strategist
Horizon Productions - Durham, NC
We're looking for a sharp, hungry, and forward-thinking Business Development Strategist who has the vision and work ethic to help our team build new business opportunities.
- Assist the business development team with Identifying future business opportunities. This will include tasks like identifying and attending advantageous professional networking events, keeping abreast of business news to identify leads, cultivating inbound leads through content creation for Horizon's online presence, and nurturing relationships with prospective clients.
- Support existing client base by attending calls and meetings and writing scopes of work and budget estimates, under the guidance of senior development team members.
- Qualify interested prospective clients and set up meeting pitches with our creative team
- Develop and implement a coordinated social media strategy (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- Develop strategies to build a business development culture internally
- Participate in sales development brainstorm sessions with the creative team
- Help senior level development team guide clients through the sales cycle, and maintain contact throughout the production process
- Update our CMS with all prospective client information
- 4-year college degree
- 1-3 years of marketing and/or B-to-B sales
- Experience working with video or a video production team is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proactive, assertive and collaborative
- Eager to learn and willing to perform administrative duties
- Highly organized with excellent time-management skills
- Self-motivated and goal-driven with an excellent work ethic
- Exceptional client service skill set (great listener, relationship-builder)
- Willing and able to attend networking events outside of regular business hours
- Ability to work full-time in Durham
- Established business network is a plus
Horizon Productions is an award winning, full-service video production company dedicated to pushing the limits of the production process to create exceptional video content for well-known brands like IBM, Lenovo, Citrix and others. Our team includes video directors, producers, animators, sound designers and composers whose work is seen and heard around the globe. We've been around for 36 years and our satisfied client list continues to grow. You'll contribute your creative business development strategy to help us continue this upward trajectory.
Do not submit a generic email/cover letter/resume. Regardless of qualifications, all generic submissions will be discarded. Submit the following -
- Your resumé
- A cover letter explaining your vision for business development at Horizon, as well as a deal or relationship you are most proud of from your time in development. Include your salary requirement in the cover letter.
No phone calls necessary. We will be in touch to schedule interviews with candidates who we feel are a good match.
Job Type: Full-time Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online