Holland America LineSeattle, WA
Full Time Job
As a member of Holland America Line's Entertainment & Enrichment department you'll join a team dedicated to delivering exceptional Entertainment & Enrichment experiences. The Talent Buyer is responsible for sourcing, booking and contracting all regional based performers. Under the guidance of the Sr. Manager - EXC and in conjunction with the Sr. Entertainment Manager and Regional Curators, the Talent Buyer researches and recruits regional entertainment, finding unique offerings beyond those on most other cruise lines. Explorations Central™ (EXC™) is Holland America Line's immersive onboard programming curated to make the cruise experience more engaging and meaningful. From EXC Talks™ to EXC Encounters™ to chats with our EXC Guides, Holland America Line guests feel the spirit of a region come to life.
Key responsibilities include:
• Sourcing, booking and contracting all regionally based entertainment offerings, using creative methods to find new and unique offerings not supplied by Port Agents.
• Negotiating fees and terms, ensuring that all talent contracting is done within budget and programming parameters set by the Sr. Entertainment Manager.
• Coordinating with departmental Logistics Coordinators to ensure timely travel and accommodation arrangements.
• Adhering to company policies to effectively manage talent travel around the globe.
• Supporting vendors and talent in dealing with invoices, billing, expense reimbursements, etc.
• Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Strong negotiation skills are a must. Must possess a global worldview, with knowledge and appreciation of diverse cultures from around the world and a passion for discovering new talent. Ideal candidates will have an international network of contacts. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required along with proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel). Ability to adapt to ever-changing work parameters, exceptional organization, prioritization and attention to detail.
• Experience: 3 years' experience in live entertainment and/or cruise industry in a business-related function required.
• Education: Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick time.
• Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts.
• Wellness - Health and wellness programs include discounted health benefits and memberships.
• Tuition Reimbursement - Up to 75% with a maximum of $2000 per fiscal year.
• 401(k) - Less than five years of service as of January 1: the plan will match 50% of your contributions up to 6% of your eligible compensation. Five or more years of service as of January
• 1: the plan will match up to 100% of your contributions up to 6% of your eligible compensation.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan - Discount on Carnival Corporation stock.
• Training - In-house Discover University courses on professional development.
• Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives; special employee discounts for local venues, banking services and retail stores.
About Holland America Line:
For more than 140 years, Holland America Line (HAL) has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. We are a recognized leader in the cruise industry, operating a fleet of premium mid-sized ships. We believe travel has the power to change the world and we take pride in playing our part in opening minds, building connections, and inspiring a shared humanity. Our fleet of 15 ships visits all seven continents and annually offers more than 500 cruises to more than 400 ports of call in close to 100 countries. HAL occupies a newly constructed open plan building with abundant natural light and a panoramic rooftop deck located in Seattle's lower Queen Anne neighborhood between the Seattle Center and the vibrant Elliott Bay waterfront.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online