Cruise & Travel Director
Holland America LineSeattle, WA
Full Time Job
Holland America Line believes in the power of travel to transform lives and is offering an exciting, new job opportunity onboard select ships beginning this summer in Alaska! We need confident, charismatic and talented Cruise and Travel Directors to stand up on stage and captivate large audiences telling interesting and amazing stories about the places we go. Holland America Line Entertainment has developed beautiful, dynamic, multimedia presentations. We need the right person to bring these destinations to life for our guests.
It doesn't stop there. If you're a match, you'll find yourself seeing the world through our over 400 ports-of-call while enriching the lives of those who have chosen to share the journey.
What You'll Do:
• Present exclusive enrichment talks in our Mainstage theaters, using imagery, animation and vivid story-telling to connect our guests to their journeys.
• Act as a brand ambassador and embody the vision and brand direction of Holland America Line.
• Collaborate with an onboard Entertainment team devoted to delivering high-quality, authentic experiences to our globetrotting guests.
• Connect and engage with our diverse guests onboard as a key front-facing representative of Holland America Line.
Most Important Things for Us:
• You have compelling public speaking and presentation skills.
• You feel confident and experienced on a stage engaging audiences of up to 1,000 people.
• You're passionate about travel and enriching people's lives.
• You exhibit excellent customer service and communication skills.
• You're collaborative and motivated by constant learning and a ''larger picture''.
• You're an intuitive, critical-thinker who is passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with.
Nice to Have:
• Bachelor's Degree or higher. Related field is a plus. And/or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated experience in Public Speaking, Performance, Television, Broadcast Journalism, Theatre and/or other transferrable disciplines.
• Experience in customer service driven environments.
• Proven leadership skills and/or management experience.
What You Get:
• Highly competitive salary plus benefits
• Seniority/Completion bonus
• Work/Life Balance- 4 month assignment onboard, 2 month vacation
• Fulfill your wanderlust while you work!
Who We Are:
For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. Our 14 premium mid-size ships travel to over 400 ports-of-call across all 7 continents. Holland America Line's core message, which fuels everything we do, is the belief that travel has the power to change the world by opening minds, building connections and inspiring a shared humanity. Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course!
Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
• Start by applying with your CV and a Cover Letter showing us who you are and why you're a match. Please have at least 2 professional references; 1 can be academic. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online