Hearst TelevisionDes Moines, IA
Full Time Job
Located in the trendy and fast-growing Des Moines, KCCI-TV brings you the best in local coverage and all the top stories. If you are motivated by working with a talented award-winning team of professionals, look no further! This is a unique opportunity at a station with real opportunity to advance your career and achieve your goals. Best of all, you'll become part of Hearst Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country.
KCCI has an opening for an experienced Technical Director for our station's live fast-paced newscasts. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities. The Technical Director will work together with directors and producers in planning newscasts and overseeing the crew on Newscast pre-production activities.
This position is responsible for the visual direction of newscasts. Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidate will provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast director and studio crew. Employee will be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the newscast. Must be able to punch a newscast as directed by the newscast director. The employee will also work regular shifts in an automated Master Control environment and live audio control.
• Should have 3 years of experience working as a technical director at a commercial television station with extensive experience in the operation of a wide variety of broadcast equipment. Military experience in a similar role will also be considered. Please only list appropriate experience in prior-work history.
• Experience operating Master Control would be preferred.
• Must be willing to work mornings and fill in during holidays and vacation.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Experience with a Sony DVS 9000 Production Switcher is preferred.
• Experience with ENPS, VIZ RT graphics, Imagine Automation (for MC) and Bitcentral video playback will be helpful.
• College Degree in Broadcast Communications or related field preferred.
• Equivalent military training from Defense
School (DINFOS) and associated experience will also be considered.