Sales Account Associate
Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
Full Time Job
Sales Account Associate-Entry Level
WGAL-TV Hearst Television's NBC affiliate in the Harrisburg/Lancaster, PA market, is inviting an ambitious candidate desiring a future career in broadcast/digital media sales to join the team as a Sales Account Associate. This is an ideal position that serves as a springboard for advancement into advertising sales for candidates that are eager to learn, demonstrate initiative and possess a strong work ethic. Specifically, as SAA, you'll work closely with the sales team to ensure effective execution of client advertising campaigns including creation of proposals, presentations and support materials, processing of contracts, scheduling of campaigns through accurate data entry and reporting of campaign delivery. Intuitive organizational skills, meticulous accuracy, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively are characteristics critical to success. A positive attitude and professional demeanor is essential along with the adaptability to work in a rapidly changing environment. This position provides entry into a highly respected TV station and into Hearst Television, an industry leader in the dynamic media world.
• Entering and maintaining local orders including electronic transfer for both local and national business as needed through Wide Orbit and other order processing software.
• Assist in the development of sales proposals, advertising packages and client presentations.
• Create supportive marketing materials for sales department.
• Effectively communicate with internal teams (sales, production, finance) as well as external clients.
• Prepare pricing avails, qualitative research and varied reports as needed.
• Monitor and provide post analysis recaps for various sales initiatives.
• Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers and clients to deliver high-level service.
• Must have computer & software experience.
• Previous sales, marketing, media or television experience a plus.
• Military experience will be considered.
• Interest in pursuing television sales as the next career step.
• Proficient in all Microsoft products including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• Preferred experience with industry specific software such as Wide Orbit, Kantar, and Marshall Marketing.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment while managing multiple projects.
• Able to consistently meet deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
• Capable of learning new systems promptly and thoroughly.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Must be highly-focused, organized, accurate and detail oriented.
• Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, enjoy working independently and perform at a consistently high level.
• Adaptable to deal with the daily stresses and pressures associated with commercial television sales.
• Valid Drivers License Required.
• Preferred college degree in a marketing, business or broadcast related field.
• Related military training and experience will be considered.