Hearst TelevisionBaltimore, MD
Full Time Job
WBAL Newsradio 1090 and FM 101.5 has a rare opening for a full-time Anchor/Reporter position. We are looking for someone with strong writing skills who is able to deliver news in both a concise and compelling way. The successful candidate is a self-starter who looks to break news and is highly competitive and can bring the energy of live reporting to the anchor desk. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality; we're looking for a reporter who isn't afraid to head out into the field and break the big stories. We are looking for this market's next leader who isn't afraid to ask the tough questions and will hold those in power accountable. We are looking for someone who is versatile, fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent live reporting skills.
• Live, in-studio anchoring of WBAL Newscasts.
• Support news gathering efforts and breaking news coverage.
• Deliver breaking news in a timely and concise manner.
• Contributes to digital presentation via text, photo, and video updates while covering a story.
• Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Past anchoring and reporting experience and familiarity with radio or television broadcast news operations is helpful.
• Understanding of the Baltimore metro and surrounding areas is helpful.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Strong writing and storytelling skills.
• Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology.
• Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Has a valid driver's license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record.
• Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights, weekends and holidays.
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production.
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience.
• Equivalent military training from Defense
School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.