Promotion Writer Producer
Hearst TelevisionNew Orleans, LA
Full Time Job
WDSU-TV, in New Orleans, has a rare opening for a Promotion Writer/Producer to write, shoot, edit and design promotion for all media platforms. This position is responsible for producing station image promotion for all platforms that advances our brand and gets noticed in a competitive market. This person will write, produce and creatively execute daily news promos and assist in the execution of street team events, station campaigns, and marketing projects. This person will also assist the promotions department in other duties, as assigned. If you are highly-creative and are motivated with a great attitude, then this job could be ideal for you!
• Produce, write, shoot and edit compelling on-air promos and image campaigns from start to finish that generate viewer interest to increase the brand awareness and ratings for all multi-platforms.
• Organizing, overseeing and executing projects from concept through delivery, directing and supervising video editors, production crews, and talent.
• Create, update and enhance station on-air image, entertainment promos and graphics- this includes daily program episodes for air.
• Produce and execute community outreach events, including on-air promotion and event planning/execution.
• Assist with street team vehicle and events.
• Hands-on editing and online editing supervision
• Contribution to brainstorms across all departments
• At least 3 years Television experience required.
• Experience with Adobe applications such as After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Photo Shop a must.
• Related military experience will be considered
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Working knowledge of ENPS preferred.
• Working knowledge of production processes including non-linear editing.
• Proficient in cinematography and lighting.
• Demonstrated ability to write compelling, conversational copy.
• Strong image and promotion writing skills.
• Must work well under extreme deadlines.
• Must have flexible work schedule including nights and weekends as needed.
• Must be creative and a team player.
• Bachelor's Degree or some college preferred.
• Equivalent military training from Defense
School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.