Program Coordinator / Executive Assistant
Hearst TelevisionDes Moines, IA
Full Time Job
This hybrid position provides KCCI administrative support with the station's programming while also providing executive support to the station General Manager. The oversight and administration for the stations programming encompasses updating schedules, responsibility for EEO reporting and also oversight for the stations federal compliance. In addition, the position will provide traditional executive support to the station's General Manager.
• Work closely with the GM as a program coordinator and executive assistant.
• Learn, understand and be responsible for complex Federal regulatory programming and compliance requirements.
• Oversees KCCI's federal compliance activity including filing necessary reports and monitoring compliance activity.
• Assists GM in overseeing the station's children's programming and closed captioning requirements, as well as helping plan and implement quarterly children's program schedules.
• Maintains GM's calendar with heavy scheduling needs; schedules day-to-day activities and appointments using discretion and judgment as to priorities; tactfully handles requests for time; reminds of upcoming commitments.
• Answers and screens incoming calls; takes messages as needed; refers callers to other internal departments if appropriate.
• Assists with written correspondence and presentations as requested including drafting, proofreading or other assorted tasks.
• Regularly interacts with KCCI's outside legal counsel and Hearst VP of Programming as questions of compliance and clearance come up.
• Assists in compiling EEO data and filing requisite reports.
• Assists in working with outside counsel to file for copyright royalties.
• Assists with creation and filing of KCCI's personal services contracts.
• Publishes KCCI program schedules.
• Provides regular correspondence to KCCI's corporate team regarding a variety of items including streaming clearances, program clearances and community out-reach events.
• Regularly updates KCCI's programming files with internal and competitive information as conditions change.
• Assists GM in tracking the retransmission consent negotiation processes including helping to ready and file contracts.
• Maintains a file of KCCI's programming contracts including terms and conditions.
• Serves as liaison in establishing and maintaining working relationships on behalf of the GM both internally and externally, including industry related boards and professional organizations; exercises confidentiality, resourcefulness, and creativity in responding to internal and external inquiries.
• Assists GM with maintaining current contacts and files.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate a background of proficient administrative skills supporting executive level leadership.
• Must be detail-oriented – accuracy is critical.
• Be proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Quick learner, self-starter, and ability to work without supervision.
• Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously and proactively, reliable follow-through and successful project completion.
• Professional demeanor.
• Position requires strong, clear interpersonal skills
• College experience preferred or equivalent work experience.
• At least three years' experience providing support to c-level executive or senior officer.
• Equivalent combination of related education and experience considered.
• Experience handling legal compliance matters and personnel contracts – or work within a law firm or legal department a plus.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues.