National Sales Assistant
Hearst TelevisionOklahoma City, OK
Full Time Job
KOCO-TV in Oklahoma City is now interviewing candidates for a National Sales Assistant. Excellent telephone, email and verbal communication and problem solving skills required. Applicant must show enthusiasm, work initiative, and possess strong organizational and computer skills, including MS Office. Accuracy and ability to interact with clients and rep firm in a professional manner is essential. Learning database and industry software is required. This is a great opportunity in a successful, vibrant organization for someone who is able to maintain a high level of accuracy and remain calm under pressure. This career opportunity is a great way to become an important part of a highly-respected TV station and begin a career with Hearst and an industry-leading television station group.
• Assist National Sales Manager in day-to-day duties.
• Enter and maintain all national orders including electronic transfer and maintenance of all MediaLine/WO Central orders to WideOrbit.
• Provide account management assistance, including weekly pre-emption reports and rate card schedules.
• Daily management of pre-empted and displaced spots; problem solving with NSM and national sales reps across the country and in a timely fashion.
• Assist in the development of sales proposals, advertising packages and client presentations.
• Communicate with Hearst traffic department regarding order entry, spot placement and formatting.
• Fulfill customer service requests such as log times, weekly posting analysis, etc.
• Coordinate Paid Program sales.
• Research billing discrepancies and reconcile credit memos as required.
• Share in assisting the Local sales team.
• Maintain national political public files, as well as updates to FCC political website.
• Maintain organized filing systems.
• Interact with co-workers, clients and public in a professional manner on the phone, in email, and in person.
• Fill in as needed at the receptionist desk or with the Digital / Traffic teams.
• Coordinate travel arrangements and submit expense reports for NSM.
• Develop a thorough understanding of Nielsen ratings, One Domain, Kantar and other research tools. Coordinate with Research Director on updating of materials.
• Prior administrative experience is preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Must be highly-focused, organized, and detail oriented.
• Consistently meet deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
• Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers and clients to deliver a high-level of service.
• Capable of learning new systems and software promptly and thoroughly.
• Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and perform at a consistently high level.